Saturday, April 16, 2011

PADRES TEAM EFFORT BEATS ASTROS 4-2

Ryan Ludwick has got to be feeling good today. Before this road trip, at Petco Park, the guy couldn't get a break. he made contact with the ball and sailed a few of them but you all know Petco Park...it is not exactly a hitter's paradise.

So I was probably as pleased as he was last night when he hit a two run single in the 7th inning last night. Ludwick said that he is standing "straighter" in the batter's box and hopefully that will help him see the ball better.

It was a good team effort last night and we came away with a 4-2 victory over the Houston Astros.

Not a lot of time for me to write today but I just wanted to say that I have faith in the Padres team.

Sometimes, like Thursday night, it may not seem like it but I wasn't the only one frustrated, but remember I grew up with the New York Mets in the 1970's so I am used to abysmal starts!

Really we cannot tell anything this early on- once we get deep into may we will have a better idea about what the Padres will do as we get into the summer and fall.

For now I hope they can take the next two from Houston and win the series in Chicago after that so we gain back some of the games we lost before we start the next homestand- a really tough one with four games against the Phillies!

Good luck tonight Padres- let's give Mat Latos his first win of the season!

Today's game starts at 4:05 pm PT against the Houston Astros again.

PLAY BALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment