Sunday, October 11, 2009

PADRES 2009 SEASON MEMORIES

I forgot that I gad this blog and I will probably use it duruing the playoffs and when baseball seasson starts in the spromg of 2010. While ythe Padres finished next to last this year, if everyone stays pit and injury free I think we are going to have a contending team in the National League west next year.

There are two memories from this season that were really special...


The first involves the guy I have my arm around. I was just stopping by Petco to drop something off for a friend and this kid asked if I had a cigarette. I gave him one and about five minutes later he hands me a ticket to the game. His name was Trevor and he was three weeks away frpm going to boot camp in the Marines.

The attitide of this guy was great and it was a real cool thing for him to do. He is the type of young man- who does things for the right reasons that I am proud to having serving in the US Marines.

On another day I spent an aftrernon in the XX1090 am suite at Petco...


...what can I say...beer on tap and lots of snacks...the perfect way to weatch a game...



...and the best part is the fact that we won against the Oakland A's that Sunday.

But now the season is over and I always get sad...I miss hearing Andy Masur and Jerry Coleman on the tradio...sorrty don't miss Ted Lightner lol...but at least my favorite American League team...the Angels are in the ALCS.

The game between the NY Yankees and the Minnesota Twins is in the lst of the 9th so it looks like the Angels are gouing to play the Yankees. I want the Angels to whup the collective asses of the Yankees to once again show Steinbrenner that a $423 million dollar payroll does not also gusarentee a world championship.

That is probably the most discouraging thing about baseball for me...it's changed so much from when I was a kid in the late 60's and 70's. these days the biggest payroll teams tend to win the prizes...

...but watch out for the San Diego Padres next year...we just may surprise everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment