Wednesday, October 21, 2009

PHILLIES BEAT LA DODGERS IN 5

Well they did it...

The Philadelphia Phillies beat the LA Dodgers 10 - 4 to in the NLCS 4 -1!

Oct 21/09
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Dodgers 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 4 8 0
Phillies 3 1 0 2 0 2 1 1 0 10 8 0 «


The last time a Philadelphia baseball team had back to back world series appearances was way back in 1929 and 1930 when Connie Mack's Philadelphia Athletics beat the Chicago Cubs in '29 and the St. Louis Cardinals in 1930.

This was the fifth time the Philadelphia Phillies met the LA Dodgers in a NLCS matchup

So I am pleased the Phillies won.

I have a bad taste left in my mouth from the vile Dodgers fans that permeated my section at Petco Park this season and the fact that they have that non- team player Manny Ramirez their team.

You know that I was proudly waving around my "BEAT LA" towel when we got those this past season!



As far as the Angels go...

Well the Yankees don't want to get too cocky- although it is an uphill climb to win one at the Big A and then the next two at Yankee Stadium we have to remember last year's ALCS between the Red Sox and the D Rays.

After blowing a 7–0 lead late in a potential series-clinching Game 5 and a 3–1 series lead, they almost didn't make it to their world series and Boston played hard enough to get it to game 7 which the Ray's eventually won.

So the Angels have a choice tomorrow- play like they really want to go to the World Series or let the team that George bought go to another world championship...their last being in 2003.

If the Yanks do win the ALCS then you know I will be rooting for the Phillies to repeat.

Partly because San Diego is a National League town, but mostly because I have never been a Yankee fan. As a kid I always was a Mets fan...don't ask me why...I just loved that team and even Shea Stadium as a kid!

Congrats to the ...



...and good luck Angels tomorrow night!



Click here to see who won past NLCS contests!


Click here to see VIDEO highlights of tonight's game!

No comments:

Post a Comment